Monday, December 19, 2011

Glad that's over.

So, finals are over. yessssss. So long Fall semester, and hello having glorious spare time in my life! Now we're just getting ready for Christmas.. Wahoo! (Below is a picture of our awesome Charlie Brown tree) And another thing we've been working on.. A few weeks ago we were asked to give a talk in Sacrament for this previous Sunday. The topic was "Keeping Christ in Christmas". Pretty simple yeah? Well, leave it to us to write and prepare the talks the Saturday night before. Yup, we're that on top of things. We also were asked to sub for our neighbors primary class. No big deal, I seriously LOVE working in the primary, but they asked us that Saturday as well... Which equaled in us not being able to use that Sacrament time to prepare our lesson :)

Well, fortunately for me, I was the first speaker and was asked to only give a 5-7 minute talk. Pat went right after me, and had the privilege of giving a 10 minute talk. When it all came down to it, I talked for about 4 minutes (most of it consisted of introducing ourselves.) and Pat talked for about 15 minutes. So it all worked out.The bishop came up to us after the program and told us we are truly "the perfect couple" which I already knew, of course.. But it was great hearing it from him.

Then. Over in primary, we walked in Opening Exercises  being told we were to sit with the sunbeams, which were ALL boys. Don't worry, our class was the CTR 7. Quite a difference there. So I sat with the 3 hyperactive ones, and Pat sat with the 3 angels. After that hour block, I've come to realize that primary is easily the best birth control. After Opening Exercises, we went to class with our real age group and I was incredibly surprised by how much 8 year olds know! They pretty much gave the lesson for us. It was such a great experience. We ended the class by frosting and decorating cookies. I know, I know. We're awesome.

Cookies, frosting, sprinkles, check.
Our first Christmas tree. Don't worry about the awesome quality that a BlackBerry produces.

No comments:

Post a Comment